Structural Soils has a strong history of providing geotechnical interpretation and advice, based on its own investigations and those of others.
Structural Soils’ experienced and highly qualified geotechnical team identifies issues at an early stage and reacts quickly to deliver practical, robust and value-engineered ground investigation and design solutions tailored to the project requirements.
We routinely undertake desk-based hazard/option appraisals, specification and management of ground investigations, ground engineering design and specification, construction monitoring and supervision for a wide range of projects in the UK and internationally.
We provide consultancy for a wide range of geotechnical issues, including bearing capacity and settlement calculations; assessments of piles, pavements and earthworks; slope stability analysis; and interpretation of in-situ testing results. Projects of all scales are undertaken. We also provide expert witness advice on geotechnical problems.
Structural Soils also routinely carries out coal mining risk assessments, which are a planning requirement in coal mining areas, and subsequent investigation and recommendations for remedial work.
- Comprehensive desk-based geotechnical hazard assessment
- Design, specification and management of detailed geotechnical investigations
- Detailed site appraisals, geotechnical and hydrogeological characterisation and design parameters, including Eurocode 7: Geotechnical Design
- Foundation, basement and retaining wall engineering
- Reuse of foundations
- Excavation, earthworks and slope engineering
- Soft ground engineering
- Ground improvement and soil stabilisation
- Stabilisation of natural and manmade cavities, and shallow mine workings
- Piling mat, support system and other temporary works design
- Ground and soil-structure instrumentation and monitoring